Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Quilt Show

Friday was such an awesome day! I went with my sister and my daughter...my two favorite women in the world,  to the Dallas quilt show!

Kate, Joy & Sweet M~

 We saw the most bee-yoo-tee-ful quilts...were filled with inspiration and stirred to creativity!  I still cannot believe some of the quilts I saw. Such talented women!




Don't you just love this vintage pick-up truck? Omg...I can't even imagine how long it took her to get the shading right... wow...
The fabric and the colors and the excitement of hundreds of quilters all around us was electrifying!  Then after a couple of hours of oohs and ahhs and "look at this!"... we went and had lunch. We laughed so hard and talked so much and shared phone photos of everything that was happening in our lives. It was truly wonderful!  We were like three little girls on a playground!



Then we got down to some serious shopping and filled our little pull along carts with awesome deals and beautiful things and said the word, "cute" so many times it started to lose its' meaning!  
I have to say my favorite fabric was the little fat quarter I bought with the tiny aprons on it....

Which I will probably use with this sweet little piece of vintage rose fabric... sorry...there were no names on the fabric when I got it home or I would be happy to tell you... but I do remember the website of the shop! It was http://www.quiltingals.com/

And my favorite "kit" was a little quilted wall hanging of a chicken with a heart shaped wing, looking down at it's baby chick as if giving "mommy" instructions!  Just love it. I can't wait to get started on it.

Isn't it adorable? The little chickens are wool felt and all of the fabric I needed was included in the kit...I LOVE that... :)  It's called Spotty Hen by Rachel's of Greenfield.

And how 'bout this, dare I say it?..." Cutie, cute, cute snowman pillow?

Bought the pattern and enough fabric to make two of them! One for me and one for my daughter, Sweet M~  Pattern is by Meg Hawkey for Crabapple Hill Studio.

 And of course, I had to have some of this...


After all that walking, I slept like a baby Friday night and woke up to hear the bahhing of a new baby goat in our barnyard!! A little doe...and since it was my sister's birthday that day...I named the little goat, "Joy", after her!
That's all for now. I have lots of sewing to do!  Hope I have something finished to show you next time... until then...wishing you love and happiness...Kate~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment